Compliance with the Gatsby Benchmarks
What do Hatcham College Students Go onto Do?
The importance of destination measures
Careers Information, Advice and Guidance is a key part of our student offer, we provide a comprehensive and personalised programme of support throughout KS4 and KS5 to help students secure both a suitable and sustainable destination. The majority of Post 16 students at Haberdashers' Aske's Hatcham College go on to Sixth Form, Apprenticeship or Further Education College and then University, a Gap Year, Employment or Apprenticeship. All students receive support from specialist staff, we are committed to ensuring that students transition onto suitable and sustainable destinations, our student are consistently being offered a large number of Russell Group and Oxbridge places and on a yearly basis we see our students take up the best apprenticeships and school leaver opportunities in the country.
We value all student destinations and we are proud of the diversity and achievements of our students, alumni and staff, in recent years our Year 13 students have secured places at a range of destinations which include:
- The University of Cambridge
- The University of Oxford
- Imperial College London
- Cardiff University
- Middlesex University
- University of Edinburgh
- University of Glasgow
- The University of British Columbia
- King's College London
- London School of Economics & Political Science
- University of Leeds
- University of Liverpool
- University of Manchester Newcastle University
- University College London
- University of Nottingham
- Queen Mary, University of London
- University of Sheffield University of Southampton University of Warwick
- Goldsmiths University
- The University of Greenwich
- Ravensboune University London
- Rothshild & Co
- Sky UK
- Commerzbank AG
- BAM Nuttall
- State Street
- Barclays Bank
- And many more
Destination data is any data which captures information regarding where school leavers have decided to enrol on from the September following their leaving date, this data shows student outcomes for KS4 and KS5, both of these were introduced by the DfE in 2010 and are:
- End of KS4 Activity – relevant to those taking GCSE’s or equivalents.
- End of KS5 Activity – relevant to those taking A-levels or equivalents.
- Discussed – this is any destination which students discuss in a CEIAG Session.
- Intended – this is any destination which has been logged on the live destination database.
- Reported – this is any destination which has been reported internally / externally as part of a destination report or meeting.
- Final – this any destination which has been reported to the LA after the 31st August of the reporting year in question.
The Management of Destination Data at Haberdashers’ Aske’s Hatcham College
The Education Act 2011 and the New Careers Guidance and Inspiration in Schools Statutory Guidance released in January 2018 requires schools to:
- Have a designated destination manager – The Careers Leader, is responsible for transition advice, support and tracking as well as ensuring that all students are well placed to make informed decisions about their future and secure both a suitable and a sustainable destination.
- Report Intended / Final Data to the Local Authority – The Careers Leader submits the data to Lewisham in June and late August by data upload.
We have had incredible success at KS4 and 5 and we are really proud of all of our students and Destination data is incredibly important as it reflects the impact that we have on our students. Destinations are a great measure as they are not just focused on academic success and are instead a much wider measure than the final grades as they take into account a variety of worthwhile destinations which include A-level study, vocational study, employment, apprenticeship and further education study.
To report a change in destination or update your destination please complete the below form: