Uniform, PE Kit and Equipment
Our uniform at Haberdashers’ Hatcham College is emblematic of the expectations we hold of our pupils. We have high expectations of our pupils in every regard. We want our pupils to feel proud to wear our uniform, fostering a sense of belonging, loyalty and commitment to our College community.
Our College uniform is part of our identity as Haberdashers and pupil should be proud to wear it. Our uniform policy encourages a sense of pride, belonging, loyalty and commitment to the community of which all pupils are members.
Secondary College uniform
Most items in the uniform lists are available from a range of high street shops, supermarkets and online suppliers. A limited number of items, which incorporate the Haberdashers’ Crest or other specific designs, are only available from our uniform suppliers.
|Hatcham College Uniform
99 Sydenham Rd, London SE26 5UA
020 8659 9917
|Hatcham College PE Kit
|Football Kits / Premier Teamwear
023 8043 8899
Year 7 to 11 uniform
|College blazer with Haberdashers’ Crest as supplied by our uniform suppliers.
• To be kept in a smart, clean appearance and worn during the day as well as to and from the College, unless directed otherwise by staff.
• Sleeves worn at full length, not rolled up
• Only College issued badges, or those that promote similar values, to be worn on the blazer.
Blue pleated skirt
(Prior to September 2022 students wore a charcoal grey shirt however this is now being phased out, it is only permitted for students currently in Y9 to Y11)
|• Students who choose to wear skirts must wear them at knee length and not shortened by rolling them up around their waist.
|Plain white (short or long sleeved)
• The shirt should always be tucked in, buttoned to the top.
• No designer shirts or fitted blouses or white polo tops.
• Trousers should not be boot cut or tight fitting.
• No jeans, washed black, corduroy, jean-like material, high fashion trouser or leggings.
• Trousers should be worn with a secure fit around the waist.
• Belts should be plain black, not oversized buckles
• Tailored, grey or navy knee length shorts will be allowed in the summer term of 2023 on a trial basis.
• Students who choose to wear trousers must wear them around their waist
|College tie only (in house colours)
|• Ties must be worn with a neat knot covering the top button and with the Haberdashers’ crest clearly visible below the know. The tie should be 7 stripes long/waist length.
|Official Haberdashers’ Vneck jumper with crest (optional)
• No other jumpers may be worn.
• Blazers must still be worn on top of jumpers.
• Jumpers are not to be tied at the back.
|Plain black or white socks.
|Plain black tights only (not leggings)
|• No patterns, fishnet or accessorised tights.
|Plain black leather only
• Not suede or casual style.
• No boots (covering ankles) or trainers.
• Shoes must fully cover toes
|Grey tailored shorts
Summer Uniform is optional
|Blue gingham summer dress
Summer Uniform is optional
Some families may wish their pupils to wear amended uniform for reasons of religious belief. The following items of religious dress are already permitted:
|Plain navy, black or white only (if worn for religious reasons)
|a pupil may wear a plain black Shalwar Kameez with appropriate College trouser and with the College blazer also worn.
|a pupil may wear a plain black Abaya (hoodless only) which should be one piece and have full College uniform worn with it. (College trousers/skirt underneath and College blazer also worn).
Please notify the College in writing that your pupil will be doing this, so that we can keep this confirmation on the pupil’s file.
If you wish your pupil to wear any religious dress that is not covered within the uniform policy, please discuss with the Executive Principal so that an individual written variation to the uniform policy can be considered.
The standard PE kit consists of polo shirt, shorts, socks and trainers for all pupils.
For certain sports other items such as football boots or gum shields may be required. Your pupil’s teacher will advise you the previous term if this is required.
Hatcham PE items can be purchased here: https://footballkits.co/product-category/clubscolleges/haberdashers-askes-hatcham-pe/ Please use SE14 for a discount on postage.
Plain blue polo shirt with (optional) Haberdashers’ crest.
Navy blue mesh or cotton shorts.
Plain black or plain white trainers only
• Lace up, not Velcro or buckle
White sports socks when wearing trainers
Long blue football socks for football/rugby
• Socks should be ankle length
• Knee length blue for football/rugby
Navy/black joggers for colder weather
• Comfortable warm fabric for use outdoors in winter weather.
Plain navy Hatcham PE sweatshirt for colder weather
• Plain navy only, no other colours or designs.
Rain jacket (optional)
Plain navy Hatcham PE rain jacket
• Plain navy only, no other colour or designs
Base layer (optional)
Plain white, black, blue base layer underneath polo, shorts, joggers
• Must be a base layer (not tights)
• Must be worn underneath correct PE clothing
A mouthguard is also required when participating in Rugby.
Coats, outerwear and bags
The following rules for coats, bags and outerwear apply to all Secondary pupils
|Dark plain colours only
• Not to be worn inside building.
• No denim, leather, patterns or other colours. Rain hoods on coats may be attached but only worn up in wet weather.
• Safety stripes allowed but no other patterns
|Sturdy rucksack style bag
|• Must be large enough to hold all College books (normally A4 size) and folders.
Winter hats must be plain navy or black only.
Sunhats must be plain navy or white.
|• Winter or Sun Hats must not be worn inside the building. • Baseball caps are not allowed. • No other headwear is permitted to be worn in the College unless it is for religious reasons or because of medical conditions. In these cases, written confirmation is required from the parent / carer which will be kept on the pupil’s file.
Students at Hatcham College are expected to arrive well equipped to school each day. It is important that they have the following essential equipment for lessons:
1. A pencil case
2. Two black or blue pens
3. A pencil
4. A 30cm ruler
5. A rubber
6. A pencil sharpener
7. A protractor
8. Pair of Compasses
9. Scientific Calculator (See below)
10. Two highlighters of different colours
11. A glue stick
12. Languages Dictionary for appropriate language
The Maths Faculty recommends the Casio Calculator classwiz models FX-83GTX or FX-85GTX (solar powered) however, the old versions FX85GTplus or FX83GTplus are still perfectly acceptable.
These are all available in stationery shops and supermarkets and will last the student through to their GCSE maths. For students studying art subjects, there is an additional equipment list:
Key Stage 3 Art & Design Essential Equipment Set of sketching Pencils (b/2b/3b/4b/5b/6b) Drawing Pencil Fine Liners
If you are experiencing financial difficulties
If you are experiencing financial difficulties with buying uniform and school equipment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org