Provider Access Policy
This policy statement sets out the school’s arrangements for managing the access of providers to the school for the purpose of giving them information about the provider’s education or training offer. This complies with the school’s legal obligations under Section 42B of the Education Act 1997.
All pupils in years 8-13 are entitled:
- To find out about technical education qualifications and apprenticeships opportunities, as part of a careers programme which provides information on the full range of education and training options available at each transition point.
- To hear from a range of local providers about the opportunities they offer, including technical education and apprenticeships – through options events, assemblies and group discussions and taster events.
- To understand how to make applications for the full range of academic and technical courses.
Management of Provider Access Requests
If you would like to request access to the students at Haberdashers’ Hatcham College, please contact:
Ms R Cashmore
Careers and Progression Manager
Haberdashers’ Hatcham College
Pepys Road, New Cross, SE14 5SF
020 7652 9510
Providers should contact Ms Cashmore to identify the most suitable opportunity for you and your organisation.
Opportunities for access
A number of events are scheduled into the school's calendar to support our careers programme. Providers are welcomed into the school to speak to students and/or their parents/guardians at these times. These events include:
- Careers Fair
- Apprenticeship events during National Apprenticeship Week
- Careers events during National Careers Week
- Year 9/GCSE Options Evening
Alongside these larger events, PSHE days and assemblies offer further opportunities to arrange specific events. Providers should contact Ms R Cashmore (details above), to identify the most suitable opportunity.
Premises and Facilities
Haberdashers’ Hatcham College will make the following available:
- Facilities - the main hall, classrooms or learning resource centre available for discussions between you and our students.
- A/V and ICT - AV and other specialist equipment to support provider presentations.
This will all be discussed and agreed in advance of the visit with Ms Cashmore. Providers are welcome to leave and send a copy of their prospectus or other relevant course literature with the Careers Manager.